This month’s Cardiff Philosophy Cafe is one of our semi-regular open sessions, when the topic up for discussion will be chosen by the audience and members of the mailing list.
Suggestions can also be left in comments below.
Join us on Tuesday 17 January from 8.oopm at The Gate for some philosophizing on the fly!
Suggestions so far:
- What comes after capitalism?
- Does morality need God?
- What kind of knowledge does science give us?
- To what extent are humans “part of nature”?
- What is the difference between faith and reason?
- Has liberalism become a new “religion”, and if so, is this good or bad?
- Is evolutionary biologythe key to understanding the human condition?
UPDATE: This Tuesday, Glenn Davidson from Artstation will be running TXT2 at the Cafe. TXT2 is a live interactive installation, in which participants can use their mobile phones to text comments or thoughts live to be projected on screen as an accompaniment to the proceedings: a running commentary on the evening’s debates, unexpected provocations, memorable reflections? You’ll need to join us to find out -but TXT2 means you don’t need to be there to join in…
The mobile number you’ll be able to text comments to between 8 and 10pm on Tuesday night (even if you can’t be in the Cafe in person) is 07565 202 513. We’ll look at archiving comments for inclusion later on the blog.